The Dennis Van Dam Outstanding Public Servant Award recognizes outstanding achievement in, and contributions to, public administration and public service serving the Grandville Jenison Communities. Service may be tied to any public service environment (example; elected officials, police, fire, ambulance and government employees) that serves the Grandville Jenison Communities. Award recipient will be honored at the Chamber’s Community Awards Reception on Thursday, April 27 at Gleneagle Golf Club .
The recipient of this award:
- Currently serves in a public service environment — local, state, federal, serving the boundaries of the Grandville Jenison Chamber.
- Candidates will be assessed on the extent to which they have made a sustained contribution to innovative, effective, and/or inspirational practice. Candidates must have consistently demonstrated ethical behavior in public service. Specific standards should include one or more of the following:
(1) Innovation/creativity – The development and implementation of innovative programs or processes that positively impacted an organization.
(2) Leadership – Ability to inspire, problem-solve, and move an organization forward while working productively with colleagues; a personal commitment to and demonstration of standards of excellence including the highest ethical standards.
(3) Impact – Demonstrated accomplishments that have positively impacted their organization and or community.
(4) Operational excellence – The implementation of significant changes or processes that enhanced work productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.
Procedures & Documentation:
A nominating letter that includes: the nominee’s name, position, current employer, and a comprehensive summary of the nominee’s contributions to public service that warrant receiving the award, including specific examples of outstanding accomplishments within the Grandville Jenison Community. Deadline is Wednesday, March 29.
The winners will be notified and announced the week of April 3rd and recognized at the Chamber’s Community Awards Ceremony Thursday, April 27 from 5 pm—8 pm at Gleneagle Golf Club
Please send nomination : Mail to Grandville-Jenison Chamber of Commerce, 2939 Wilson, Suite 106, Grandville, MI 49418, Fax to 616.328.6559 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Nomination
Voting Procedure Community and chamber leaders will judge nominees based on a point system. Judges will not communicate during judging or discuss scoring. All scoring is confidential. Tabulation of scores shall be conducted by Chamber staff and one Board of Director
Dennis Van Dam, age 64 of Hudsonville, went home to be with his Lord and Savior Tuesday, December 6, 2016. Denny was a warm and loving man who walked with Christ, who impacted those around him with the love of Jesus; he faithfully served his church and community. In addition to serving as the District Director for State Senator Arlan Meekhof, Denny was a longtime Chamber Member and Government & Community Relations Committee Member and Ottawa County Commissioner. .