As you prepare to reopen your business it is important to start with a plan. This plan should include: new protocols, safety procedures, social distancing, and marketing. Discuss the plan with your staff to ensure every point is understood.
There are 5 key steps to keep in mind:
1) Respect Social Distancing – Prepare to limit the number of customers allowed in your business and ways to promote social distancing. Now is the time to consider securing any Personal Protection Equipment you may need to order.
The following Chamber Members have indicated they have sourcing for PPE items. As demand is high some items may have a wait list. All items are first come first serve and subject to availability. Click on Company name to visit their website
Integrity Business Solutions – Items on hand: Gallon Dial soap, Toilet Paper, KN95 masks, Gallon hand sanitizer, 12 oz. flip top hand sanitizer, some gloves. Items coming soon: Pleated face masks, 50/box due 5/8, Flip-top 8.5oz. hand sanitizers. Items available for direct shipment: COVID-19 signs & decals, PPE face shields & a variety of different safety barriers. Items available periodically: filled by pre-authorized requests: Hand Sanitizer, Disinfectant sprays, Disinfecting wipes, Cleaning solvents, Gloves Email Karla [email protected]
2) Customer Interaction – Consider your online presence for orders and appointments. Review your inventory of items such as Hand Sanitizer. Do you need to rearrange areas such as check-outs, seating areas, and dressing rooms? Curbside pick-up will continue as some customers may still be cautious about entering public spaces. Create professional looking fliers and signs.
The following Chamber Members can assist you with your printing needs. Click on Company name to visit their website
3) Create a new cleaning schedule – Have a cleaning / sanitation schedule and have all the necessary items needed to ensure the safety of everyone who enters your business.
The following Chamber Members can do a regularly scheduled deep-clean/ bacterial cleaning. Click on Company name to visit their website
Executive Clean Queens – Disinfecting and cleaning services – Find us on Facebook or call (616)318-8555
Fibercare LLC – All of your carpet cleaning needs, including anti-microbial cleaning
Meyers Cleaning Service – Full service commercial cleaning
Renewal Property Service – Full service commercial cleaning / sanitizing, painting and carpet cleaning. Coming soon – Auto Detailing!!! (starting the week of May 4) Chamber Members will receive 10% off any auto detailing booked now through the end of June.
Servpro of SW NW SE Grand Rapids – Proactive cleaning and fogging as well as cleaning facilities with confirmed Covid 19 virus – If you would be interested in putting a plan in place for your facility please call us for information on how we can help 616-667-9700
4) Advertise your COVID – 19 safety plan – When you begin to advertise that you’re again open for business, follow it up with your plan and protocols. Consumers will take notice and know they are entering a safe environment.
5) Respect the process – The process of reopening will continuously be revised as our leaders evaluate the current environment. Many people are ready for business as usual, but many others will remain cautious for quite some time. If you cater your plan to the cautious, all consumers will respect your new procedures.