The Grandville Jenison Chamber Community Awards is a chance for the chamber to recognize and celebrate amazing residents in our community, both young and young at heart, who volunteer their time and talents and give so selflessly to their fellow neighbors.
The Dennis Van Dam Outstanding Public Servant Award recognizes outstanding achievement in, and contributions to, public administration and public service serving the Grandville Jenison Communities. Service may be tied to any public service environment (example; elected officials, police, fire, ambulance and government employees) that serves the Grandville Jenison Communities.
A nominating letter that includes: the nominee’s name, position, current employer, and a comprehensive summary of the nominee’s contributions to public service that warrant receiving the award, including specific examples of outstanding accomplishments within the Grandville Jenison Community. Deadline is Monday, March 18
The winners will be notified and announced on Thursday, March 28 and recognized at the Chamber’s Community Awards Ceremony Thursday, April 25 from 6:30 pm—8 pm at Celebration Cinema Rivertown.
The recipient of this award:
- Currently serves in a public service environment — local, state, federal, serving the boundaries of the Grandville Jenison Chamber.
- Candidates will be assessed on the extent to which they have made a sustained contribution to innovative, effective, and/or inspirational practice. Candidates must have consistently demonstrated ethical behavior in public service. Specific standards should include one or more of the following:
(1) Innovation/creativity – The development and implementation of innovative programs or processes that positively impacted an organization.
(2) Leadership – Ability to inspire, problem-solve, and move an organization forward while working productively with colleagues; a personal commitment to and demonstration of standards of excellence including the highest ethical standards.
(3) Impact – Demonstrated accomplishments that have positively impacted their organization and or community.
(4) Operational excellence – The implementation of significant changes or processes that enhanced work productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.